Saturday, June 4, 2011

Safely home, even with all the cops roaming around

I finally made it home!!! After a long drive filled with music, chatting, and yes, my awesome reading skills I have arrived back in the 559 area code. Katie and I always have the best time together in the small confines of a car for extended periods of time. On this particular road trip there are some notable things that I would like to mention.

  1. On the part that I drove during the trip (St. George to Bakersfield) I mastered the cruise control. When I say this I don't just mean I used it, but I mean that I only touched the pedals maybe 10 times because I am awesome.
  2. I ate a Mcchicken and it wasn't a spicy one!!! For some odd reason Provo thought it was a good idea to only have spicy Mcchickens at their Mcdonalds and so when we entered Bakersfield that is the first thing we got. YUM!
  3. Katie and I played the Guess that Song game for a couple hours and I  was pretty good at it! You know the game when you are only given a couple notes at the beginning and you have to guess what song it is, yep we played that for probably 5 hours or so. I think Katie was pretty impressed by my awesome song guessing skills. 
  4. I finished the book I was reading! It's called To Catch A Pirate and although it was a really easy read and the story/characters weren't developed very well I spiced things up when I read out loud for Katie. Katie likes it when I read out loud because I will occasionally do funny voices and I always put emotion/show the punctuation when I read.
  5. Last but not least is that Katie and counted 28, yes that's right 28, of these bad boys:
         Yeah that is a lot to see in a 12 hour period; we were very surprised. We think there was a convict on the run or something and although I say this nonchalantly I'm being completely serious. Outside of Bakersfield they had a vineyard completely surrounded with their guns out and there was even a helicopter. It was slightly cool, but I was a little scared at the same time.
Well friends that is all for today. I have made it home safely and now I am off to spend some time with my great family and some super friends.
UPDATE!!!
So apparently the  event we witnessed was a robbery and high speed chase. Luckily the guy was caught and the police win again! He was responsible for 2 other robberies this past month, so I'm glad they were able to catch him. Another points for the good guys!
You can also check out more about my trip home on my sister, Katie's blog 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun adventure home! Have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugar