Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meet Mickie

Last night for Family Home Evening my group went to a rest home to visit the elderly. I love to talk to old people. I feel like they are always nice and they always have the best stories to tell. Katie, Brooke, and I visited with a woman named Mickie. Such a lovely woman! I feel like we could have talked with her for hours. She told us a little about her life and we talked about our lives. She gave us some really good advice: Boys do dumb things. Mickie knows how it is.

I don't know what it is about talking with the older generation, but it always brings me to a point that I just want to know more. I know we go to do these things as a service to them, but honestly a lot of times I feel like I am the one being served. I always come away feeling like I learned something valuable and just pure joy.

My advice to you: Get to know those of a previous generation. They can teach you something and they always have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sugar