Monday, August 29, 2011

Something new

Today was the first day of school. I'm a junior now and I sort of feel like this is the beginning of the end for some reason. I'm half way done with college now and I still don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done. I have had a lot of mixed feelings about this new semester. I'm really excited about my classes, until I remember all the work that I will have to do. I'm excited to meet new people in my ward and my classes. I feel a little bit like an old person when I see all the smiley freshmen, and yet I still feel like I'm a little baby because I still don't know what I'm doing half the time. This past week or so I have really been thinking a lot about my life and what I want to do with it. I wish I could map out my life, but I know that in reality, no matter how much I plan, things may not work out that way and God may have something else for me to do. I don't know what I will be doing in a year or next week or even tomorrow, but I know that I want to make myself a better person. I want to commit myself to the Lord's will and become a tool in his hands. I feel like this is a really critical time in my life and I want to make sure I use this time wisely. Sometimes I wonder if I am where I am supposed to be in life, but as I look back on my experiences I realize that everything happens for a reason and I wouldn't be here right now if I wasn't here for something. I know that God has a plan for me and if I choose to live as He has asked me to then I will be blessed and be led to greater things. I plan on making this a great year and I know that through Him all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sugar