Friday, April 6, 2012

Hamlet meets Queen

This semester I have been in a class called History of Creativity.
It's such a fun class!
My favorite part of the class is the final project.
Last year when I took the first part of the class, I did sketches of clothing for each era/civilization we learned about.
This year I might have procrastinated a little bit...but luckily I was in a group with Kaitlyn and Spencer and we were able to really crank it out the last couple of nights before it was due. 
In the class we had to read Hamlet.
So for our final project we decided to do a scene from Hamlet, specifically Act III, Scene IV.
If you haven't read Hamlet this may not mean anything to you, but this is the scene when Hamlet kills Polonius. 
We also decided to make it a little more interesting by making it a puppet show!
That's right we made puppets.
When I was in high school and read Hamlet my group did this same scene.
We did a slightly different rendition.
We changed the song Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen to fit the scene. 
So for our project in History of Creativity we did a puppet show of our Hamlet version of Bohemian Rhapsody. 
It rocked!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sugar